Nepal is a small country in southern Asia with a total area of 147516sq.km. Similarly, this small country is surrounded by the Himalayas including the tallest one Mt. Everest. With only one International Airport Nepal has been a popular destination for tourism and travel. On Arrival Visa In Nepal procedure is very simple and quick.
Furthermore, the name of the international airport of Nepal is Tribhuvan International Airport. The immigration office, TIA (Tribhuvan International Airport) under the Department of Immigration has now the facilities of tourist visas upon arrival. Most of the countries of the world can obtain tourist visas upon arrival at the International Airport of Nepal. However, there are some countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, and Syria which cannot obtain a visa upon arrival. Similarly, other Entry and Exit point also provide ‘ On Arrival Visa’ to foreign nationals.
The ‘On Arrival’ visa procedure is simple, quick, and easy. However, there will be some queues during peak Tourist season but you can skip those queues, by considering getting a Visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions stationed abroad before your arrival. Obtaining a visa from Nepali Diplomatic Missions has a rule that one must enter Nepal within six months from the visa issued date. Also, your stay is counted from 1st day you enter Nepal. ON Arrival Visas are ‘Tourist Visas’ and bear multifarious re-entry facilities. It is the only entry visa to Nepal. You will still need a Tourist visa even if you are visiting Nepal for purposes other than travel and Tourism. On Arrival Visa In Nepal process, You must change the category of visa according to your purpose and length of stay from the Department of Immigration
Some points to be remembered while applying On Arrival Visa in Nepal
- Once your visa is issued it cannot be withdrawn as well as the visa fee cannot be refunded. The visa must be used within 6 months from the date of issue.
- If you are carrying more than 5000.00 US Dollars or equivalent foreign currency then you should declare that in the Customs Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal. Also, returning from Nepal above US Dollars 5000.00 may be interrogated for further legal actions by the Foreign Exchange Regulations Act of Nepal.
- A valid Passage de Barney is required for those traveling by car
- Please follow these simple procedures for Tourist On Arrival Visa in Nepal at the airport (TIA).
You can obtain Tourist Visa at any of the following entry points:
Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
Immigration Offices along Nepal-India border.
- Kakarbhitta, Jhapa.
- Birgunj, Parsa.
- Balahia, Bhairahawa.
- Jamunaha, Nepalgunj.
- Mohana, Dhangadi.
- Gaddachaudki, Mahendranagar
Immigration Office along Nepal-China border.
a. Kodari, Sindhupalchok.
Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point).
The Consulate General of Nepal, New York, and the Honorary Nepali Consulate General, Chicago also issue Tourist visas for Nepal.
Here is the simple procedure that one has to follow once reaching Tribhuvan International Airport.
- Firstly, fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Secondly, fill in the Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form. You can either fill it by visiting the official website of the Department of Immigration fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport.
- Get a submission receipt with a barcode, print it out, and bring it along for acquiring a visa. It will be valid for 15 days only.
- You can make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement
- Get the receipt
- You can use different modes of payments however it will be wise to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
- Bring the online form to Immigration Desk, payment receipts, and your passport
- Lastly, your documents will be handed over to the immigration officer for visa processing. They will issue your visa upon their satisfaction.