Tilicho Lake Trekking collects the glacial melt of the entire northern slopes of Annapurna and Thorang Peak, which is claimed to be the highest lake in the world. In 2001, Hindu pilgrims from around the world flocked to the lake convinced it is a holy spot mentioned in the Ramayan – a holy book of the Hindus.
Tilicho Lake Trek starts right from Besisahar as Annapurna Circuit Trekking, which goes along the Marshyangdi River, with great views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east. This magnificent Tilicho lake trekking leads you to the fine village inhabited by a wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups, offering spectacular and majestic views of the white Himalayas.
We have customized this route, as it is basically, the same as Annapurna Circuit, from Manang instead of taking the valley north to Tanki Manang and Yak Kharka this route goes to the main valley to the west passes through the Khanshar Village (The Last Village of Nepal) and trek up to Tilicho lake, then we travel to Yak Kharka then up to pass of Thorung La at an elevation of 5416 meters. From the Thorung – La pass, the treks lead down to Muktinath then to Jomsom from where thirty-five minutes scenic flights take you to Pokhara.
Highlights of Tilicho Lake Trek
- Ascending the Marshyangdi valley
- Passing Manaslu and Hinchuli
- Visit the old Buddhist monastery in Braga
- Explore beautiful Manag village
- Enjoy the mixed culture of Tibetan
- World highest Tilicho Lake
- Stunning view of Mt Manaslu (8163m), Annapurna 1 (8091), and Dhaulagiri (8167m)
- Crossing Throng La Pass (5416m).