Thapa Peak (6012m / 19719ft)
Group size2 - 15
- DestinationThapa Peak
- ActivitiesPeak Climbing
- Best SeasonMid March to June & September to December
- Starts/EndsKathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
- AccomodationThree nights 3 stars hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan & mountain lodge( Tea-house ) in trekking.
- TransportationTourist Bus (Kathmandu-Kathmandu)
- Meals IncludedBreakfast in Kathmandu / Full board in Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Tilicho peak is a little bit hard to climb than the other mountains having height of the around 7000m. The way to this mountain climbing has two ways up to itâ€™s base camp. One way goes via Marshyangdi valley route and another way goes via Kaligandaki valley route. If the teams go through Kaligandaki valley then it is very hard to cross the Messocanto pass, which is situated at 5300m.altitude From the top of this Messokanto pass, the tranquil view of Tilicho lake can be seen.
The base camp is located near the Tilicho Lake at 4800m high. It takes a few days rest for acclimatization at this base camp. The camp 1 at 5800m is located on a long way distance through the ridges of the mountain. It is little bit hard times to reach and climb on the camp 1. From there also the panoramic view of Tilicho lake down below can be seen.
Camp 2 is located at high of approximately 6200m and way is more difficult to reach at this point. We should use the fixed rope on the way to reach camp 2. The elevation is about 40 Degreeâ€™s slope. From camp 2, the way directly goes to the Top of the Tilicho pea; and the climbing is little bit hard with an elevation of 60 degree up towards the top Tilicho peak. Some times there are chances of avalanche, so team should be careful at this time to go ahead climbing. By end of reaching on the top the ridge is little bit difficult to climb.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu. Pick up at Airport.
- Day 02: Visit our office for basic preparation for trekking and make permit for Thapa peak and Dhaulagiri trekking permit.
- Day 03: Fly to Pokhara, drive to Beni by Van 3 hours.
- Day 04: Trek to Babiyachour 3 to 4 hours.
- Day 05: Babiyachour to Dharapani 5 to 6 hours.
- Day 06: Dharapani to Mudi 5 to 6 hours.
- Day 07: Mudi to Boghara 4 to 5 hours.
- Day 08: Boghara to Dolang 5 to 6 hours.
- Day 09: Dolang to Pine Forest 5 to 6 hours.
- Day 10: Pine Forest to Italian Base Camp (3200m). 7 to 8 hours.
- Day 11: Acclimatization day at Italian Base Camp Local excursion 2 to 4 hours.
- Day 12: Italian Base Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4700m) 7-8 hours.
- Day 13: Dhaulagiri Base Camp to French Pass (5360m), then on to Hidden Valley (4900m) 5 to 6 hrs.
- Day 14: Rest and Acclimatization day at Hidden Valley 6 to 7 hours.
- Day 15: Hidden Valley to Thapa Pass (5250m) then to Yak Kharka (3000m) 6 to 7 hours.
- Day 16: Yak Khark - Thapa Peak Base camp.
- Day 17: Rest for acclimatization.
- Day 18: High Camp of peak.
- Day 19: One extra day (Incase of weather).
- Day 20: Summit of Thapa peak 6012m and back to Base camp.
- Day 21: Base camp - Yak Khark.
- Day 22: Yak Kharka to Tukuche (2800m) 4 to 5 hours.
- Day 23: Tukuche to Ghasa (2120m) 6 to 7 hours.
- Day 24: Ghasa to Tatopani (1220m) 5 to 6 hours.
- Day 25: Trek to Ghorepani.
- Day 26: Trek down to Pokhara.
- Day 27: Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 28: Free day yourself.
- Day 29: Departure.
Short Description Mode Of The Packages: What Are Included In The Packages?
Welcome dinner in Kathmandu, meals 3 times a day (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) with accommodation in trekking, 3 stars level hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast, Domestic flight tickets with airport tax, all the ground transportation by as per itinerary, an experienced guide and porter and all the necessary permit, please find in details what is included and excluded in the cost as follows:
- All the ground transportation as per itinerary.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan at 3 stars level.
- Meals 3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and climbing.
- Seasonable local fresh fruits as available.
- Twin sharing comfortable and clean private room during the trek.
- Trip Map.
- Domestic flight tickets with airport tax.
- An experienced, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and English-speaking trekking /climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek (2 trekkers:1 porter).
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter.
- All necessary camping gears like two men tent, kitchen tent, kitchen equipment, mattress while climbing period.
- Climbing permit.
- Climbing equipment like ice axe, Ice crew, snow bar, climbing rope.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Four season sleeping bag and down jackets to use for trekking, if necessary.
- Duffel/kit bag( Gift from our company).
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (costs roughly USD 12 to USD 15 per person per day) (Except welcome dinner).
- Normal personal equipment.
- Personal climbing equipment(Joomer, carabiner lock, carabiner unlock, Harnex belt, Eight finger, helmet, gaiters, Boots, crampons).
- Nepal Visa fee (visa charge USD 40 and 4 passport photographs for the visa and permit).
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, excess baggage charges)
- All kind drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry, shower etc.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.
Note: For the Most up to date and latest Pricing Please contact us