Chulu East Peak (6250m / 20505ft)
Group size2 - 15
- DestinationChulu East Peak & Thorang-La
- ActivitiesPeak Climbing
- Best SeasonMid March to June & September to December
- Starts/EndsKathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
- AccomodationThree nights 3 stars hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan & mountain lodge( Tea-house ) in trekking.
- TransportationATourist Bus (Kathmandu-Kathmandu)
- Meals IncludedBreakfast in Kathmandu / Full board in Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Ascent of Chulu West and Chulu Central are best made from a base camp in a small valley north of Manang situated off the main trail to Thorong La pass 5416m. Indeed some of the best views of this peak can be had from that pass.
North-West Ridge: Go beyond the hut following the yak pastures and walk up a ridge which leads into a hidden valley where it is possible to find a good site for base camp. From this camp , ascend steep scree slopes to a col 4,900/16,076 feet), on a subsidiary ridge that leads down from the main ridge. To the north of the col ascend snow slope for 200 meters to the base of a band of rock at an altitude of 5,100 meters and the site for a possible high camp.
Climb the rock band with some difficulty to the north-west shoulder of Chulu west 5450 meters/17,880 feets, where another camp can be established or alter-native a camp can be placed on a snow plateau above 5,530 meters/18,143 feets. On the first ascent and several subsequent ascents rope was fixed on the rock band. From the plateau continue up the progressively narrowing ridge to the summit 6,250 meters /20,505 feets. Descend by the some route.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 02: Details information regarding about the trip for basic preparation and make a permit.
- Day 03: Drive Besi Sahar.
- Day 04: Besisahar to Nagdi.
- Day 05: Nagdi to Jagat.
- Day 06: Jagat to Tal.
- Day 07: Tal to Chame.
- Day 08: Chame to Pisang.
- Day 09: Pisang to Manang.
- Day 10: Manang to rest for acclimatize.
- Day 11: Manang to Chulu west Base Camp.
- Day 12: Rest in Base camp.
- Day 13: Chulu west high camp.
- Day 14: Attempt summit.
- Day 15: One extra day.
- Day 16: High camp to Summit and back BC.
- Day 17: Thorong Phedi to Thorong Pass - Muktinath.
- Day 18: Muktinath to Jomsom.
- Day 19: Fly back to Pokhara.
- Day 20: Drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 21: Free day yourself.
- Day 22: Drive to airport for departure.
Short Description Mode Of The Packages: What Are Included In The Packages?
Welcome dinner in Kathmandu, meals 3 times a day (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) with accommodation in trekking, 3 stars level hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast, Domestic flight tickets with airport tax, all the ground transportation by as per itinerary, an experienced guide and porter and all the necessary permit, please find in details what is included and excluded in the cost as follows:
- All the ground transportation as per itinerary.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan at 3 stars level.
- Meals 3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and climbing.
- Seasonable local fresh fruits as available.
- Twin sharing comfortable and clean private room during the trek.
- Trip Map.
- Domestic flight tickets with airport tax.
- An experienced, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and English-speaking trekking /climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek (2 trekkers:1 porter).
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter.
- All necessary camping gears like two men tent, kitchen tent, kitchen equipment, mattress while climbing period.
- Climbing permit.
- Climbing equipment like ice axe, Ice crew, snow bar, climbing rope.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Four season sleeping bag and down jackets to use for trekking, if necessary.
- Duffel/kit bag( Gift from our company).
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (costs roughly USD 12 to USD 15 per person per day) (Except welcome dinner).
- Normal personal equipment.
- Personal climbing equipment(Joomer, carabiner lock, carabiner unlock, Harnex belt, Eight finger, helmet, gaiters, Boots, crampons).
- Nepal Visa fee (visa charge USD 40 and 4 passport photographs for the visa and permit).
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, excess baggage charges)
- All kind drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry, shower etc.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.
Note: For the Most up to date and latest Pricing Please contact us