Pokhalde Peak (5806m / 19049ft)
Group size2 - 15
- DestinationPokhalde Peak
- ActivitiesPeak Climbing
- Best SeasonMarch to December
- Starts/EndsKathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
- Accomodationhree nights 3 stars hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan & mountain lodge( Tea-house ) in trekking.
- TransportationTourist Bus (Kathmandu-Kathmandu)
- Meals IncludedBreakfast in Kathmandu / Full board in Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
This mountain poses few difficulties and it is often used as a warm up for other Himalayan Peaks. It is one of the so called 'trekking peaks' of Nepal and it does not require a huge amount of mountaineering skill. The term trekking peak is, however, a little misleading for some of these peaks which should be approached seriously. Most people climb the north ridge from the Kongma La. It is also possible to climb the South ridge (see route section.)
The mountain lies to the east of the Khumbu Valley which leads all the way up to Everest base camp. Pokalde is around two or three miles from Everest but the Lhotse ridge obscures the view of the highest point on Earth from the summit.
From the hamlet of Lobuche, which consists of only a handful of trekking lodges, the peak does look impressive as a high point on the ridge across the valley. It sits above the Kongma La (pass) and in comparison to the busy paths leading to Everest the route is infrequently travelled. The mountain is, of course, dwarfed by its impressive neighbours but nevertheless it is a worthwhile side trip from a trek.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 02: Preparation for trip and make a permit.
- Day 03: Fly, Kathmandu to Lukla (2835m) then start trek to Phakding (2652m). Camp at Phakding.
- Day 04: Phakding / Namche Bazaar (3446 m.).
- Day 05: Rest at Namche bazaar.
- Day 06: Tyangboche (3867 m.).
- Day 07: Pheriche (4252 m.).
- Day 08: Lobuche (4930 m.).
- Day 09: Trek to Kalapather (5545m) and back to Gorak Shep. Camp at Gorakshep.
- Day 10: Excursion to Everest Base Camp and trek back to Lobuche.
- Day 11: Lobuche / Dingboche (4343 m.).
- Day 12: Dingboche / Chhukung (4730 m.).
- Day 13: Chhukung / Pokalde Base Camp.
- Day 14: Climb the peak and back Chhukung.
- Day 15: Extra day in case of bad weather.li>
- Day 16: Chhukung / Dingboche (4343 m.).
- Day 17: Dingboche / Tyengboche (3867m).
- Day 18: Namche Bazaar (3440m).
- Day 19: Phakding (2610m).
- Day 20: Lukla (2840m).
- Day 21: Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 22: Free day in Kathmandu.
- Day 23: Transfer to airport to return to home.
Short Description Mode Of The Packages: What Are Included In The Packages?
Welcome dinner in Kathmandu, meals 3 times a day (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) with accommodation in trekking, 3 stars level hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast, Domestic flight tickets with airport tax, all the ground transportation by as per itinerary, an experienced guide and porter and all the necessary permit, please find in details what is included and excluded in the cost as follows:
- All the ground transportation as per itinerary.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan at 3 stars level.
- Meals 3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and climbing.
- Seasonable local fresh fruits as available.
- Twin sharing comfortable and clean private room during the trek.
- Trip Map.
- Domestic flight tickets with airport tax.
- An experienced, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and English-speaking trekking /climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek (2 trekkers:1 porter).
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter.
- All necessary camping gears like two men tent, kitchen tent, kitchen equipment, mattress while climbing period.
- Climbing permit.
- Climbing equipment like ice axe, Ice crew, snow bar, climbing rope.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Four season sleeping bag and down jackets to use for trekking, if necessary.
- Duffel/kit bag( Gift from our company).
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (costs roughly USD 12 to USD 15 per person per day) (Except welcome dinner).
- Normal personal equipment.
- Personal climbing equipment(Joomer, carabiner lock, carabiner unlock, Harnex belt, Eight finger, helmet, gaiters, Boots, crampons).
- Nepal Visa fee (visa charge USD 40 and 4 passport photographs for the visa and permit).
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, excess baggage charges)
- All kind drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry, shower etc.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.
Note: For the Most up to date and latest Pricing Please contact us