Mera Peak Climbing (6476m / 21247ft)
Trek & Climb13-14 Days
Total Trip17-18 Days
Group size2 - 15
- DestinationMera Peak & Hinku Valley
- ActivitiesCultural / Tour Trekking
- Best Seasonmid March to June and September to December.
- Starts/EndsKathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
- Accomodationon camping basis
Mera Peak Trek & Climb one of the most impressive trekking peak and holds as the highest trekking peak among other over 6,000 meters, Mera Peak Trek & Climb leads into absolute isolation and in wilderness with natural surroundings away from villages and human settlements, this is truly a remarkable adventure into the most wild area of Hinku valley in eastern Khumbu region, located just south east from the giant world highest Mt. Everest offering amazing scenery of beautiful landscapes, hills and valley with high snow capped mountains.
Mera peak highest summit stands at 6,461 meters and 21,190 feet, with climbing grade rated as PD ( Peu Difficile / a little technical difficult and walking on glaciers) the grade as per Swiss / French Alpine System, this trekking leads to enclosed and well hidden Hinku valley, in perfect isolation on the remote side of Khumbu and Everest region, this whole Hinku valley enriched in flora and fauna with dense pristine forest of rhododendron, magnolia, and birch, pine trees.
Mera Peak Trek & Climb, on leaving the forest tree lines leads to arctic zone with ice, glaciers and moraine, starting the climb from High Camp at 5,780 meters, with proper rest and acclimatization in Mera Base Camp 5, 300 meters, the approach to the summit is straight forward climb with less technical challenge than other trekking peaks.
Our expert guides will fix ropes and make the path where necessary for safe climb to the top summit, from the top of Mera Peak, offers an overwhelming panorama of surrounding high mountains from Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Mt. Makalu all the way to Mt. Kanchenjunga in the far eastern horizon.
This magnificent adventure begins and ends with a sweeping scenic short flight to and from Lukla town, the gateway to Everest and to other wonderful area of Khumbu, walk leads through high passes, tranquil forest, summer pasture, and towards moraines and glacial lakes after an adventurous climb to Mera Peak, return journey on the same route back to Lukla, from here concluding this awesome adventure with scenic short flight back to Kathmandu, after completing this fascinating journey to Mera Peak trek and climb with Unique Holidays excellent services and caring.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.[R & D Plan].
- Day 02: In Kathmandu tours and preparation for the expeditions.[R & B Plan].
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,800m flight and trek to Chutanga 3,430m -04 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 04: Trek to Tuli Kharka 4,300 m - 06 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 05: Trek to Mousum Kharka 3,430 m - 04 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 06: Trek to Tagnag 4,360 m - 05 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 07: Rest day for acclimatisation.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 08: Trek to Khare 5,000 m - 05 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 09: Trek to Mera Base Camp 5, 300 m - 04 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 10: Trek and climb to High Camp 5,780 m - 04 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 11: Climb Mera Summit 6,461 m / 21, 1907 ft - 08 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 12: Reserve and contingency day in case of bad weather condition.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 13: Trek to Khothey 3,600 - 06 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 14: Trek to Thuli Kharka 4,200 m - 05 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 15: Trek back to Lukla - 07 hrs.[R B L D Plan].
- Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.[R & B Plan].
- Day 17: Free Day.[R & B Plan].
- Day 18: International departure for home ward bound.[B Plan].
:: R & D Plan = Room & Dinner
:: R B L D Plan = Room, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
:: B & R Plan = Breakfast and Room
:: B Plan = Breakfast
- Day 01:
Arrive in Kathmandu received by Unique Path Trekking staff. Hotel
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan international airport meet Unique Path trekking with warm welcome with garland and transfer to respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu at Thamel area, after fresh up and relaxation Unique Holidays guide will brief on the program regarding hotel, Kathmandu and trek and climb of Mera Peak.
- Day 02:
In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and preparation for the trip.
A leisure and a free day in Kathmandu as this spare day which helps to sort out the climbing gear and allows you with proper preparation for the trek and climb to Mera Peak and with optional half day sightseeing tour in and around Kathmandu at places of interest.
- Day 03:
Fly to Lukla 2,800m begin trek to Chutanga 3,430m - 04 hrs.
Morning transfer to domestic airport for a sweeping scenic flight of 30 minutes to Lukla, and at present named as Tenzing –Hillary Airport. After a leisure time here for an hour or more, our first day walk of this adventure starts towards to our first overnight camp at Chutanga, trek passes several villages and farm lands with great scenery of hills and valleys then finally reaching at Chutanga, a summer pasture and a grazing area surrounded with dense pine and rhododendron tree lines, rest of the afternoon at leisure and for acclimatization’s.
- Day 04:
Trek to Tuli Kharka 4,300 m - 06 hrs.
After a wonderful rest at Chutanga, our adventure continues with a morning climb to cross over Kalo Himal Ridge around Nau Lekh rocky mountain range, which separates the Khumbu area from Hinku Valley and western Makalu region. The trek over the first pass leads to a steep climb and then reaching a top ridge which is decorated and festooned with many Buddhist prayer flags at the height of 4,450 meters, this pass is called Zatrwa Og, from here walk traverses over a boulder slope, then around a corner and to a climb once again to Zatrwa-La at 4,600 meters, with impressive stunning views across Dudh Kosi river valley and peaks of Karyolung and Lumding Himal, after marveling the awesome scenery an hour downhill reaches to Tuli Kharka for the overnight camp.
- Day 05:
Trek to Mousum Kharka 3,430m - 04 hrs.
From this small area of Tuli Kharka, today a short morning walk leading downhill with excellent view of Peak 43 and Kusum Kanguru peaks, then reaching to a scenic valley at Hinku area, with stunning South Face views of Mera Peak and back into deep rhododendron and pine forest, with a nice gradual walk through serene forest then reaching a summer pasture area at Mosum Kharka to set our overnight camp on a meadow near Hinku Drangka River.
- Day 06:
Trek to Tagnag 4,360 m - 05 hrs.
After this nice quiet spot at Mousum Kharka morning trek follows towards north leaving the forest area behind, after a pleasant walk reaching to a wide open valley with a pasture land and small Sheppard’s huts, walk continues to a small bridge to reach at Gondishung at 4,350 meters which is near to Tagnag area, this place with a small wooden huts and shelters of stone wall enclosures. Gondishung has an interesting 200 year old small Gompa (monastery shrine), from this nice place walk continues for another hour to our overnight camp at Tagnag, which is a small yak herder’s temporary settlement, at present there are few tea houses and small lodges to cater the needs of travelers using this route, specially this place is important for staffs, guides and porters for a tea break and to socialize.
- Day 07:
Rest day at Tagnag for acclimatization.
At this altitude is of over 4,360 meters having a rest for acclimatization would be an advantage here at Tagnag, before heading higher elevation and the climb of Mera Peak, an optional short hike to better view point’s in this beautiful setting, surrounded with stunning mountains and view of Peak 43 at 6,769 meters.
- Day 08:
Trek to Khare 5,000m - 05 hrs.
From this nice camp at Tagnag with good rest, stating the morning walk with a moderate day walk of about four hours with awesome scenery that surrounds this Hinku valley, walk follows on a moderate trail up over moraine damming the Charpatti Tal (lake), leading to a high area lined with cairns overlooking the glacial lake, then climbing for a short while the path leads downhill to a large pasture at Dig Kharka, from here walking for an hour across the boulder strewn hillside, to at Khare for the overnight camp.
- Day 09:
Trek to Mera Base Camp 5, 300m/17,384 ft - 04 hrs.
Today, journey leads to our destination for the climb of Mera peak at its base camp, following the trail with a climb over Mera Glacier, leading straight on an ice sections for a short while then with a gentle descent reaching at Mera Base Camp for the overnight camp with ample time for relaxation and short walks around and preparation for climb to Mera peak summit bid.
- Day 10:
Trek and climb to High camp 5,780 m / 18,958 ft - 04 hrs
After a leisure day at Mera base camp, walking further up to set the High Camp to make it more approachable to the summit of Mera peak, normally climbers make it from the base camp to Mera top, but it is always safe and better to add one more camp before the summit bid, morning after leaving Mera base camp, trek heads across Mera La to reach Mera High Camp, after few hours of hard walking on this high altitude with few breaks and rest in between then reaching at Mera High Camp, for the last overnight camp before heading back to Lukla, afternoon our expert guides will scout the area of the route of climbing and will fix ropes where necessary, rest of the day preparation for Mera Peak climb, this high camp offers outstanding vista of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Lhotse, Nuptse, Chamlang and Baruntse peaks.
- Day 11:
Climb to Mera Peak summit at 6,461 m / 21, 1907 ft - 08 hrs
A Big Day! Starting very early before the break of dawn for the summit bid, our route leads with a steep climb; where our guides have fixed ropes earlier on necessary sections, after a hard strenuous climb without any technical difficulty reaching to the top summit of Mera peak, a dream becomes a reality with an overwhelming success, from the top of the summit overlooking striking panorama that surrounds you with world’s highest mountains lies before you with Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho- Oyu all the way in the eastern horizon Mt. Kanchenjunga including series of other snow capped peaks.
After a hard climb and in high spirit of success and enjoying the impressive panorama, descend with care on the longest trail to our base camp.
- Day 12:
AReserve day in case of unfavorable weather condition
We have reserved an extra day which will be as contingency day, in case of unfavorable weather conditions some times in this high Himalayan range, the weather can be unpredictable, so an extra day on this type of adventure is very necessary, if all goes well can be used on the way back to Lukla with short day walk enjoying the great scenery along the way.
- Day 13:
Trek to Khothey 3,600 m -06 hrs.
After a mesmerizing moment and an experience of a life time return journey back to Lukla with a pleasant trek Kothey through Tagnag and then reaching at Kothey for overnight stop after an enjoyable day’s walks.
- Day 14:
Trek to Thuli - Kharka 4,200 m - 06 hrs.
From Khothey morning walk leads back to forested area with blue Himalayan pines and rhododendrons tree lines, then passing several nice grazing area and meadows with a gentle uphill climb with sensational views of Mera Peak and other high Himalayan range of mountains, then reaching at Thuli – Kharka for the last camp before Lukla.
- Day 15:
Trek to Lukla - 07 hrs.
A long day walk today and as well the last day of trekking, starting the day earlier to reach at Lukla, retracing the journey with a climb over Naulekh or Kalo Himal ridges then Zatrwa Og and Zatrwa-La after the hard climb on the downhill trail with lush green vegetation and grand mountain scenery around, a long downhill brings you back at Lukla for the last overnight stop in Khumbu and Everest region, overnight in nice and cozy lodge with a farewell dinner among the great helpers and supporters of Unique Holidays expert guides, staffs and porters.
- Day 16:
Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
From Lukla the flight starts early morning to Kathmandu, sometime the flight time can get delayed due to bad weather, as per the flight time board in the small plane for a super, scenic flight back to Kathmandu, on reaching at Katmandu domestic terminal our guide and staff transfer you back to respective hotels in the hub of Kathmandu in and around Thamel area.
- Day 17:
In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
We have reserved this day in Kathmandu in case of flight delay in Lukla.
- Day 18:
International departure for home ward bound.
After a most memorable experience of a life time, our staff will transfer you to the airport for your final departure as per your flight time for homeward bound or to respective countries.
Short Description Mode Of The Packages: What Are Included In The Packages?
Welcome dinner in Kathmandu, meals 3 times a day (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) with accommodation in trekking, 3 stars level hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast, both ways domestic flight tickets from KTM/Lukla/KTM, all the ground transportation by private car, an experienced guide and porter and all the necessary permit, please find in details what is included and excluded in the cost as follows:
- All the ground transportation by private tourist vehicles.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan at 3 stars level.
- Meals 3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking and climbing.
- Seasonable local fresh fruits as available.
- Twin sharing comfortable and clean private room during the trek.
- Trip Map.
- Both ways domestic flight tickets from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu with airport tax.
- An experienced, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and English-speaking trekking /climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek (2 trekkers:1 porter).
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter.
- All necessary camping gears like two men tent, kitchen tent, kitchen equipment, mattress while climbing period.
- Climbing permit.
- Climbing equipment like ice axe, Ice crew, snow bar, climbing rope.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Four season sleeping bag and down jackets to use for trekking, if necessary.
- Duffel/kit bag( Gift from our company).
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (costs roughly USD 12 to USD 15 per person per day) (Except welcome dinner).
- Normal personal equipment.
- Personal climbing equipment(Joomer, carabiner lock, carabiner unlock, Harnex belt, Eight finger, helmet, gaiters, Boots, crampons).
- Nepal Visa fee (visa charge USD 40 and 4 passport photographs for the visa and permit).
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, excess baggage charges)
- All kind drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry, shower etc.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.
Note: For the Most up to date and latest Pricing Please contact us